Montag, 16. Dezember 2013

Festival time is soon arriving!

Are you a live music fan who likes open airs? Are you already fed up with winter and you can not wait to buy your tickets for the next festival season in summer 2014?

I have some data for you if you are interested and maybe there are one or two festivals you haven not known yet. Maybe this graphic will help you to figure out the right place to go to next summer and to buy the right ticket.




I found it quite interesting to see that in this graphic within the 10 top festivals the "Rock am Ring" festival in Nuremberg is not mentioned. I thought it is one of the biggest festivals in Europe, although I was wrong.

This graphic gives you a lot of details about festivals in Europe and it uses a lot of different images, however I think that the graphic is an abstract illustration because without the explanations to the images I would get lost in the graphic. Do you think the same? Could you imagine to see this graphic without text, would you get the idea of it?

In my opinion there is a bit too much on this graphic which creates an multidimensional overload of dens information, which makes it difficult for the viewer to follow the different steps without getting lost or confused. Furthermore, there is a lot of decoration on the graphic which is not necessary to understand the topic of the illustration. 

However, the use of the different colors and the symbols which are used attract my attention and they are really familiar for me, especially the eiffel tower.

At the beginning when I was looking at the top of the graphic I thought it is an advertising for a festival, because it uses the image of a stage and the crowd in front of it, to attract people and emphasize the typical feeling of a festival, where the collective celebration of music is the main goal.

In my opinion I do not think that this graphic could be place on a flyer inside the metro or along the street to attract people to go to festivals because it has a redundant character which is indicated by different topics it talks about. The content of the graphic jumps from one to another information which creates a huge amount of information which needs to be studied for more than a minute to capture the information, otherwise it would easily confuse the viewer and the information gets lost.

In this case I think that you can find this graphic in a newspaper, internet page or magazine which tries to attract the viewer to the new festival season and to give some information of the main festivals in Europe. So in my opinion this graphic is addressed to a specific group which is interested in music but also in festivals.

What is your opinion?








2 Kommentare:

  1. Hello Simon! I like this infographic about a music festival because it describes very well the topic and it shows in a clear way where is going to be celebrated and with which activities you could enjoy music.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. i hope this graphic could help you to get better informed about main festivals in europe and maybe you are now willing to go to one of them of which you haven't heard before.
      enjoy

      Löschen